Wednesday 18 February 2015

If I Stay

If I Stay, By Gayle Forman.

On a day that started like any other…
Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the one decision she has left—the most important decision she’ll ever make.
Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.

I had heard so much rave about this book, as well as the movie. Quite a few of my friends had read the book and/or seen the movie and they were all telling me that this book would make me cry and it was just super sad. However I didn't find that it made me cry (at least not at the sad bits, I always seem to cry at the happy bits), maybe I had imagined it to be this horrifically sad book and that's why I didn't find it that sad, but I still loved the book none the less.

This was one of those books that gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy, even though most of it was about some horrific, heartbreaking event. This book wasn't super long which I liked, I managed to read it fairly quickly so the story was just a nice constant flow for me. However this was just another one of those books that has lead me to have such high expectations for the male race, Adam is just so sweet and loving, they have such an adorable relationship which now leaves me expecting this from every boy. So I'll probably spend my life alone with cats or something tragic like that... and you are all welcome to join me!;) This book did end on quite a cliff hanger, which did leave me wanting more. As a result if this I did find that I just sat there wondering what to do with my life for a while, but then I realized that there was a sequel, so it's all good!;) If you want a bit of a lovey dover book to make you feel all happy and gooey, I would definitely recommend reading this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment